What is ESA?
The European Sunglass Association (ESA) is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1994 by several companies in the optical industry federate the common interests of the different players in the European sunglass market.
Companies such as Essilor, Zeiss, Silhouette, PPG, Intercast, Maui Jim, Polaroid, Charmant, FabrisLane, Christian Dalloz and many more companies, are already satisfied Members of the ESA.
1. Support the growth and development of the European sunglass business through relevant projects such as
- Market Research Studies
- Follow and influence Sunglass Standards and Norms
- Training & Education
- Marketing & Communication.
2. Protect our industry
- ESA is the official body in the PPE Directive Expert Group.
- Active Involvement in topics of interest such as European and international standards for sunglasses.
3. Assist Members and all interested groups with professionel and objective information on all sunglasses concerned matters.
4. Help to assure consumer have access to sunglasses that adequately protect them from sun´s harm.